Thursday, August 24, 2006

Magic Terms to Increase the Hits to the Blog


It is a wish and dream of every blogger to receive a large number of hits everyday. There are web sites which are ready to increase hits to your site for some consideration. There are bloggers who have developed their blogs exclusively on this theme.

It is definitely a desire worth cherishing. You are on the cyberspace. You know people visit it by visiting various sites. They have made many sites popular. They have made many sites the fortune churning machines and made the owners wealthy. It is the visitors to your site which impart a type of status, recognition, a pride and an identification to you. Many search engines and syndication sites list the top sites. There are sites which list only such sites which are being visited by a large number of people. The directories are developed for this purpose only. There are Wiki sites wherein the site owners are encouraged to display their sites. The frequently visited sites is an asset for the owners. The dream of every site maker is that its product shall become the most popular thing on the cyberspace. It is just like having a shop keeper mentality. You have opened the shop and now you want that the customers should step. You desire that they should at least step in even if they are not interested in buying anything from your shop. It is the same case with the bloggers.

I also cherish this dream. I am not a computer expert. I have read about RSS feeds and many such other technical terms which can increase the visibility of the site. I have learned about putting your site on different directories which are place where knowledgeable people cruise for the right information. But I am not able to understand much about them.

I am however receiving regular visitors. Some of them have my address in their favourite folder and they directly reach my site. Most popular engines would display my site in their result for some specific terms. I am otherwise satisfied with the traffic which I am receiving. No doubt, I want to increase it.

However, I have identified with the help of Site Meter that there are some Magic Terms in my different blogs which bring people to my sites. I remember how I have located those terms. After I have added them in my posts, the traffic to my sites has increased substantially. One can easily check the authenticity of the claim by checking the site meter or by visiting Indian Blog and Blog Top Site icons which I have placed on three of my blogs.

Before, I say anything further, let me give out those three magic terms.

These terms are
Civil Services which forms the part of the address of my blog titled Civil Services Prelims.
The Second Magic Term is Munshi Prem Chand. Well, this term is definitely a magic term. Add something on Munshi Prem Chand on your blog and then see the result. You will yourself learn the results.
The Third Magic Term is Teej, which literally means ‘Three". I have written two articles on Teej on the demand of my sister and later added them with some modification on my blog. I never have dreamt in my wildest dreams that this word would attract so much of traffic to my site. I wonder for what actually people are looking for on the Internet.

The term Civil services was identified by me through the Site Meter. I have already mentioned this event on this very blog that how I turned to writing on Civil Services blog.

The second term was also identified through Site Meter. I think that I had made some remark about Indian social history wherein I had mentioned the name of Danpat Rai alias Nawab ji alias Munshi Prem Chand. I started receiving visitors who came searching for the Munshi Prem Chand. Later, I myself got attracted towards this personality. Through my search, I located Hind Granth Karayalya, a publishing house of Mumbai. There were three versions with the same name. In there, I found the life history of Munshi Prem Chand and list of the works of the illustrious writer. I made a noting first on my Hindi blog at Sumir Hindi Main and later, I added additional posting on this very blog titled Sumir Sharma. I started receiving a larger number of visitors to my site. I had identified some Pakistani Blogs wherein they had discussed the Urdu works of Munshi Prem Chand but foolishly I did not make a note on them. Anyhow, it brought traffic to my site. Later, I located the blog by Raman Kaul who had done a tremendous job by placing all the short stories on Munshi Prem Chand on his blog. I made a noting of that blog on my Sumir-history blog wherein I was, in those days, discussing the democratization of knowledge through sharing on Internet in response one highly technical post by William of Digital History Hack that I was some how able to understand. After that, there was a flood of visitors to my site because people came searching for the original stories by Munshi Prem Chand. The most fascinating thing was that all these stories are available on a government site at C-DAC of Noida before that. They have displayed it in such a manner that I was not able to access. Raman Kaul had just converted the stories in HTML and displayed it on the blog. The second fascinating thing is that those who come searching for Munshi Prem Chand stories on my Sumir-history blog, they definitely use the link to Raman Kaul site. The site meter always shows it on its out click link column. Some of them remain on my site for thirty to forty minutes. It happens because the Raman Kaul site opens on a separate sheet. He has displayed the stories in such user-friendly manner that the visitor definitely read one or two stories. But he forgets to quit my site. My site records the timing of visitors for thirty to forty minutes. I have made many comments on this aspect of display and flayed the activity of the government of India in its efforts to pursue e-governance and e-awareness. I do not know whether the people who matters had taken any note of it but I am definitely benefited from it as it has increased visitors to my blog.

The third term is Teej. As I have already told that Teej means Three. It means the third day of a month, a lunar calendar month of Hindus. Well, this term was my discovery for the blog. I have already mentioned that I had written a write up on a demand from my sister and later I have posted it on my blog. I never knew that so many people wanted to know about Teej. They are mostly interested in Hartalik Teej of Bhadra month. Well for the benefit of the general public especially those who are visiting from America and Canada I give the names of all the twelve Desi Mahinas. I have mugged them up during my civil services examination and I remember them well. They are mostly found written on Desi Calendars and Government of India Calendars which has adopted Saka Samvat as the official Calendar of India. These twelve months are as follows.

Chaitra or Chet (Punjabi)
Vaishaka or Baishakha
Jayaishtha or Jeitha or Jeith
Ashadha or Hadda or Haddi
Sravana or Sawana
Bhadrapada the month of Hartalik Teej and Karvachauth. (Chauth is ‘Four’ and Teej is Three. In Bihar, it is Hartali Teej which is celebrated in place of Karvachauth. This is the most fascinating aspect which I would like to explore further. Kaajri praises Radha Krishna, Hartalika Shiva Parvati, and Shiva Parvati love is propitiated in whole of India whereas in Rig Veda Shiva is only worshiped as Rudra.) or Bhadaon
Ashvina
Karttika or Kattak
Margshirsha or sishar
Pausha
Magha or Maghi
Phalguna or Phaggan

Well, what may it adds up to, the above mentioned terms have definitely increased the visitors to my sumir-history and civil services prelims blog.
xixixixi
Editorial Note:
The relation between Sawan and Teej has been deleted. Similarly the relation between Bhadrapada has been explained by one friend who is from Bihar. I have yet to fully verify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment