Monday, July 31, 2006

Hindi Lessons Online Multimedia Source for 5 Years Old


A Hindi Script Tutor developed by Avashy for the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London is worth visiting for the parents of small children.


There are interactive Hindi Lessons, teaching the script. It has a lesson breakup for the Swaras (Vowels - स्वर) and Vianjans (Consonants - व्यन्जण). It has used flash for demonstrating the writing of the each word. It has other sources based on voice.


I have an old computer with a defunct Sound Card. It is the gift of those vendors who just flaunt their knowledge without having the right expertise. They are hardly tenth or twelfth pass and learn the computer maintenance from the teaching shops. They are then employed by similar type of businessmen who believe in making money by looting the people. One such computer engineer, who visited to remove a virus from my computer, virtually crippled my computer by denying me to use the gadgets and devices bought by me in hard cash. He cleaned the directory and during the process even removed such drives which he could not replace. As a result, I am not able to exploit all the features of the Hindi tutor.


Coming back to the main topic, the Hindi tutor is a good source available online. It draws each alphabet which attracts a small child in the age group of 5 to 6 years. It has option to listen to voices behind every symbol. My child, who is now 5 and learning to read, was quite fascinated by the demonstration. He clicked each alphabet and saw it being drawn by the Flash. It helped him to remember Dantak (दन्तक) words better.


I hope this information may be useful for other parents like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment